- 4can (15oz per can) black beansdrained and rinsed,
- 1can (15oz per can) diced tomatoesundrained
- 1 yellow oniondiced (one cup)
- 4cloves garlicminced
- 2ribs celerychopped (1 cup)
- 1/4lb carrotspeeled and diced
- 16oz vegetable broth2 cups
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- 2teaspoons cumin
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1/2teaspoon salt
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date.
- Add all ingredients to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze.
- Thaw freezer bag overnight in refrigerator or in water in the morning.
- Add contents of freezer bag to your crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours.
- Puree to desired consistency with immersion blender or regular countertop blender.