- 1lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 yellow oniondiced (one cup)
- 1jar (24oz per jar) pasta sauce
- 2teaspoons oregano
- 2teaspoons salt
- 2teaspoons garlic powder
- 2teaspoons onion powder
- 4cups dry uncooked rigatoni pasta (not needed until day of cooking)
- 2cups water (not needed until day of cooking)only needed for Instant Pot preparation
- 1cup shredded mozzarella cheese (not needed until day of cooking)
- 1cup part-skim ricotta cheese (not needed until day of cooking)
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date. (Three months from when you prepped the meal.)
- Add all ingredients except for pasta, water, mozzarella, and ricotta to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months.
To Cook in Crockpot
- Cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours.
- Break apart beef and stir.
- Cook pasta separately on stovetop according to directions on box.
- Add pasta to crockpot and stir.
- Add ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
To Cook in Instant Pot
- Add contents of freezer bag to Instant Pot.
- Sauté 5 minutes. Flip over.
- Pressure cook 30 minutes. Natural release. Break up beef.
- Add the pasta and pour water on top. Do NOT mix. Gently press down any noodles that are not submerged in the water.
- Place the lid on your pot. Set the time to 4 minutes on high pressure with valve sealed.
- Quick release.
- Stir in the ricotta cheese and mozzarella.
- Serve immediately.