- 1lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 red pepperdiced
- 2 zucchinisliced in half-moons
- 1 yellow oniondiced (one cup)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8oz tomato sauce (not needed until day of cooking)
- 1cup cheddar cheese (not needed until day of cooking)shredded
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date. (Three months from when you prepped the meal.)
- Add all ingredients except tomato sauce and cheese to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months.
To Cook in Instant Pot
- Add frozen meal to Instant Pot.
- Add the tomato sauce.
- Pressure cook on low for 20 minutes (12 minutes if meal is fresh or thawed).
- Natural release.
- Break apart beef, add the cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
To Cook on Stovetop:
- Defrost freezer bag overnight in refrigerator.
- Pour ingredients into a large non-stick pot, sauté pan, or skillet and add tomato sauce.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes or until ground beef is cooked through.
- Add the cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.