- 2lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1lb sweet potatopeeled and chopped (2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 2 red peppersliced
- 1can (15oz per can) black beansdrained and rinsed
- 2oz chicken broth1/4 cup
- 2teaspoons cumin
- 1teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date (3 months from when you prepped the meal).
- Add all ingredients to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze.
To Cook in Crockpot
- Cook for 4-6 hours on “low” setting.
- Slice or shred chicken and serve with sweet potatoes, peppers, and black beans from crockpot.
To Cook in Instant Pot
- Add frozen meat to Instant Pot and saute for 5 minutes to release some liquid.
- Flip over meal and add 1/2 cup chicken broth so there will be enough liquid to reach pressure.
- Pressure cook 25 minutes.
- Natural release.
- Slice or shred chicken and use a slotted spoon to serve sweet potatoes, red peppers, and black beans as side dishes.