- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breastsfat trimmed
- 1/4lb carrotspeeled and diced (about 2 carrots)
- 2ribs celerydiced (one cup)
- 1 yellow oniondiced (one cup)
- 1/4cup dry uncooked white rice
- 1/2 lemon (for juice)you can use the remaining half for garnish or use in another recipe
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon dill
- 32oz chicken broth (not needed until day of cooking)4 cups
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date.
- Add all ingredients except broth to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze.
- Thaw freezer bag overnight in refrigerator or in water in the morning.
- Pour contents of freezer bag into your crockpot and add broth.
- Cook on "low" setting for 6-8 hours or until carrots and onions are tender.
- Shred chicken.
- Garnish with lemon slices.