- 2cups dried lentilsrinsed and drained
- 1 yellow oniondiced
- 1 green pepperdiced
- 1can (15oz per can) tomato sauce
- 2tablespoons ketchup
- 1tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 16oz vegetable broth2 cups
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date.
- Add all ingredients to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze.
- Thaw freezer bag overnight in refrigerator or in water in the morning.
- Pour contents of freezer bag into your crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours in a 6-quart crockpot.