- 2cups dried lentilsrinsed and drained
- 1 yellow oniondiced
- 2oz baby spinachabout 2 large handfuls
- 1/2 lb carrotspeeled and diced (4 carrots)
- 2ribs celerydiced (1 cup)
- 1can (15oz per can) diced tomatoesundrained
- 4cloves garlicminced
- 1tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon pepper
- 64oz low sodium vegetable broth (not needed until day of cooking)8 cups
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date.
- Add all ingredients to your freezer bag except broth.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze.
- Thaw freezer bag overnight in refrigerator or in water in the morning.
- Add contents of freezer bag to your crockpot and add broth.
- Cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours.