Pot Roast with Cherries
Serve on mashed potatoes or rice, with cucumber and carrot sticks on the side. You can use dried cranberries or another tangy dried fruit instead of the cherries, if you prefer.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date. (Three months from when you prepped the meal.)
- Add all ingredients to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months.
To Cook in Crockpot
- Cook on “low” for 8 hours.
- Coarsely shred the meat using two forks and serve using tongs or a slotted spoon.
To Cook in Instant Pot
- Add the frozen meal to the Instant Pot. Close the lid and twist the pressure valve to closed. Set to pressure cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for about 10 minutes, then twist the valve to release the remaining pressure and open the lid.
- Coarsely shred the meat using two forks and serve using a slotted spoon.