- 1lb ground Italian sausagesweet or spicy
- 1jar (24oz per jar) pasta sauce
- 1can(15oz per can) cannellini beansdrained and rinsed
- 10oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2lb carrotspeeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces (4 carrots)
- 1 yellow oniondiced
- 32oz chicken broth (not needed until day of cooking)4 cups
- 1cup uncooked pastaI like to use elbow macaroni or ditalini
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date.
- Add all ingredients except broth and pasta to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze.
- Thaw freezer bag overnight in refrigerator or in water in the morning.
- Pour contents of freezer bag into your crockpot and add broth.
- Cook on "low" setting for 6-8 hours.
- Add pasta and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Just learning my way around this site. How do I find the cookbook that this recipe is in so I can get the printable labels?
Nevermind! I see it listed up the top. Thanks.
But now I can’t find the cookbook! Help.
Do I need to cook the sausage first before freezing?
No, You put in all the ingredients raw.
Should I use ground sausage or link? I happen to have link in my freezer now which I would like to use.
Ground is perfect. If you have the large links you can usually remove the casing and it will work like ground sausage.