- 1 2-lb boneless beef chuck shoulder roastfat trimmed
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1can (14.5oz per can) fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1tablespoon tomato pasteBuy a tube of tomato paste so none goes to waste.
- 2teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1/3cup pitted kalamata olivesabout 12 olives total
- 1 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon oregano
- 1/2teaspoon red pepper flakesoptional
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date (3 months from when you prepped the meal).
- Add all ingredients to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze.
To Cook in Crockpot
- Cook on "low" setting for 6-8 hours or until beef is tender.
- Shred beef and serve.
To Cook in Instant Pot
- Add frozen meal to Instant Pot and sauté 5 minutes to release some liquid.
- Flip over.
- Add ½ cup beef broth or water.
- Pressure cook (low pressure) for 60 minutes. Natural Release.
- Shred beef.