- 5oz baby spinach
- 2can (15oz per can) tomato sauce
- 2tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1package McCormick Grill Mates Tomato Garlic, and Basil marinade
- 2lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date.
- Add all ingredients to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze.
- Thaw freezer bag overnight in refrigerator or in water in the morning.
- Pour contents of freezer bag into your crockpot.
- Cook on "low" setting for 4 hours in a 6-quart crockpot or 8 hours in a 4-quart crockpot.
Is there a way to make the McCormick packet ourselves? I’ve looked all over my town and I can’t find them. This sounds delicious!
I didn’t use the seasoning packet either. I put in: salt, Basil, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, and oregano. I used “a pinch of each” (maybe about 1/4 tsp each).
I finally found them at Albertson’s.
Made a version of this recipe tonight. I could not find the marinade either. I used basil paste, Italian seasoning, garlic, and Weber garlic parmesan seasoning. I stirred in all the seasonings and tasted the sauce, then added more to make it taste like I wanted. It turned out! I have no idea if it replicated the original, but we liked it.
This recipe will be on regular freezer prep rotation. I shredded the chicken, added pasta, and topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. I’d even consider doubling the spinach. My family loved it!
Where do I find the “used by” date? And, I am trying to change amount of ingredients for
2 people and not 6 and am having difficulty. Can you help me with this?
Can i cook from frozen and if so how much time to adjust?
How do I print out the labels?