Chicken Alla Vodka Sauce
Serve over penne pasta, topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Serve a garden salad and fresh bread on the side. Substitute gluten-free pasta to make gluten-free.
- 2lb boneless skinless chicken breastscut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2cup vodka
- 8oz heavy cream1 cup or half a pint
- 1/4stick unsalted butterchopped (2 tablespoons)
- 1 yellow oniondiced
- 4cloves garlicminced
- 1teaspoon basil
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper flakesyou can add up to a teaspoon, depending on how spicy you like it!
- 1can (28oz per can) crushed tomatoes
- 1can (6oz per can) tomato paste
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date.
- Add all ingredients to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze.
- Thaw freezer bag overnight in refrigerator or in water in the morning.
- Add contents of freezer bag to your crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours.