- 2pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5oz baby spinach
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1can (14.5oz per can) diced tomatoesundrained
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1tablespoon basil
- 24oz chicken broth (not needed until day of cooking)divided, 3 cups
- 8oz heavy cream1 cup, not needed until day of cooking
- 2tablespoons cornstarch (not needed until day of cooking)
- 3cups dry uncooked penne pasta (not needed until day of cooking)
- * To make vegetariansub 10oz quartered baby Portobello mushrooms and 12oz quartered white mushrooms for chicken breasts.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date (3 months from when you prepped the meal).
- Add all ingredients except chicken broth, heavy cream, and pasta to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months.
To Cook in Instant Pot
- Add to Instant Pot with 1 cup chicken broth.
- Pressure cook 25 minutes. (Decrease to 15 minutes if using mushrooms.)
- Natural release.
- Shred chicken and stir.
- Add pasta and additional 2 cups chicken broth on top. Gently press the pasta under the broth. (Do not mix).
- Pressure cook 3 minutes. Quick release. (Wear an oven mitt.)
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and heavy cream. Stir into Instant Pot.
Nutritional info available soon.