- 1lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1can (15oz per can) black beansdrained and rinsed
- 1can (15oz per can) light kidney beansdrained and rinsed
- 1jar (15oz per jar) salsa
- 1cup frozen corn
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- 1tablespoon parsley
- 2teaspoons garlic powder
- 2teaspoons onion powder
- 1teaspoon pepperdecrease to 1/2 teaspoon for a very mild dish
- 1teaspoon salt
- 3/4teaspoon dill
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2teaspoon paprika
- 1/2teaspoon ground oregano
- 32oz beef broth (not needed until day of cooking)4 cups
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag (or circle container if freezing for Instant Pot) with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date.
- Add all ingredients to your freezer bag except beef broth.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze.
- Thaw freezer bag overnight in refrigerator or in water in the morning.
- Pour contents of freezer bag into your crockpot and add beef broth.
- Cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours.
- Break apart ground beef and stir.
To Cook in Instant Pot
- Place frozen container in water to thaw enough to remove contents.
- Add contents of container to Instant Pot.
- Sauté 5 minutes. Flip over.
- Add broth.
- Pressure cook 45 minutes.
- Natural release.
- Break apart beef and stir.