- 1can (15oz each) black beansdrained and rinsed
- 1can (14.5oz each) diced tomatoesundrained
- 1 red pepperdiced
- 1 green pepperdiced
- 1cup cornI split 4 ears of corn between 3 freezer bags when I made 3 bags of this meal
- 1package Seeds of Change quinoa and brown ricecan substitute ¼ cup dry wild rice
- 2tablespoon chili powder
- 2teaspoon cumin
- 1teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon oregano
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 32oz chicken broth (not needed until day of cooking)4 cups, substitute vegetable broth to make vegetarian and vegan
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date (3 months from when you prepped the meal).
- Add all ingredients except broth to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze.
To Cook in Crockpot
- Add contents of freezer bag to crockpot with 32oz broth.
- Cook 4-6 hours on low.
To Cook in Instant Pot
- Add frozen meal to Instant Pot and saute 5 minutes to release some liquid.
- Flip over and add 32oz (4 cups) broth.
- Pressure cook 15 minutes.
- Natural release.