- 1/4lb carrotspeeled and diced (2 carrots or one cup)
- 1 red oniondiced
- 1 lime for juice
- 1 1/2cup frozen corn
- 3tablespoon olive oil
- 1can (28oz per can) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15oz per can) black beansdrained and rinsed
- 1 pepper from a 7oz can of chipotle peppers in adobo saucediced
- 1tablespoon dried cilantro(or the leaves from 6 cilantro stems, chopped)
- 1 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2teaspoon chili powder
- 1tablespoon vegetarian “better than bouillon”
- 40oz water (not needed until day of cooking)5 cups
- 1cup crushed tortilla chips (not needed until day of cooking)
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date (3 months from when you prepped the meal).
- Add all ingredients except water and tortilla chips to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze.
To Cook in Crockpot
- Add to crockpot with water and crushed tortilla chips.
- Cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours.
To Cook in Instant Pot
- Add frozen meal to Instant Pot and sauté 5 minutes to release some liquid.
- Flip over and add water and tortilla chips.
- Pressure cook 20 minutes.
- Natural release.